Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Vow


I’ve seen “Dear John“, “The Notebook“ and “The Last Song“ and loved all of them so I had high hopes for “The Wow“, but unfortunately I was left dissapointed.

It’s a love story about two young lovers who fall madly in love, live every day to the fullest and get married young. They have their problems, but they walk trough all of them together, side by side. Until one night they get into a car crash and everything they’ve bulit so far comes crashing down: Paige has a severe memory loss and Leo, her husband, has to win her heart . Again. She doesn’t remember him at all. Paige thinks she’s in love with someone else and doesn’t understand why she choose art over lawschool, why she’s married to someone who’s not the guy she though was the love of her life and why she’s not keeping in touch with her parents etc. Everything’s confusing and on top of that she’s hurting her husband who desperately tries to get her to remember their life, relationship, feelings.

I thought it was going to be great emotional movie, because the story’s got depth and is full of emotions, plus we’ve got the amazing, talented and beautiful Rachel McAdams and the handsome dance wizard Channing Tatum, but it honestly wasn’t that great at all. Yeah, I shed a few tears when Tatum’s character Leo had given up all of his hope, but that was it. I thought the chemistry was there, everything looked beautiful etc, but it could have been much, much better. Something was just missing. Also, the ending was really what the hell?! – I didn’t even get it was the ending until the credits startet running.

If you’re a fan of Nicolas Sparks’ work I think it’s for you, but in my opinion it wasn’t the best he has written. Anyway, my rating is like this due to the wonderful R. McAdams and her co-star – the always handsome Mr. C. Tatum. Too bad we didn’t get to see his moves in this one, but hey, we’ve still got “Step Up“ to enjoy.

Rating: 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment