Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday

 

Graphic Novels vs. Traditional Novels

I honestly haven't read that many graphic novels. Yeah I've read some comics from newspapers and I think I even had some comic books when I was little, but I have never read a book that's adapted to a graphic novel. I don't even get why some books are made into graphic novels, because there aren't that many people reading them. Of course for that matter, their print-run is remarkably smaller than it is with acutal books. Maybe graphic novels are for the younger audience who cannot force themselves or do not want to read the whole book with 350+ pages in it? I don't know and I can't answer that question. For all I know, graphic novels really aren't my cup of tea. I prefer traditional novels I can get more emotion, connection and action out of them. Also, I get to use my imagination. In my opinion, pictures are for decoration and illustration purposes and I would definitely prefer to read a thick book without any pictures rather than go through a long comic book with little text.

Winner: traditional novels.

Weigh in Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren at Epilogue Reviews.

2 comments:

  1. I agree..plus the little text hurts my eyes!!

    Thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs! I think I'll pass the next theme because I really do not know what to say on that topic, but I'll definitely try to participate regularly :)

    ReplyDelete