Friday, August 24, 2012

Interview: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Remember I said I have some exciting news for you? Well, here's one of them. From time to time (starting now) I'll be posting interviews with authors and bloggers I admire and love. In honor of the release of Onyx (my review), the second novel of the bestselling paranormal YA series Lux, I interviewed the creator of this as well as the Covenant series. Her books are some of the best I've read and I wholeheartedly recommend all of them. Ladies and gents, I give you Jennifer L. Armentrout. (Ha, this sounds pretty formal, but hey! It was an honor to do this interview, really, so no judging ;))

Q: What is the most bizarre place you’ve ever gotten an idea for one of your books? How did you remember that idea? (I’ve heard that some authors call themselves and leave a message on their answering machines..)
A: This place isn't so much bizarre, just the situation. Recently, we've been getting a lot of bad storms where I live and one night it was thundering and lightning like crazy and I checked the weather on my iPhone. Well, my zip code kept coming up not found. I was pretty much like meh, whatever, and went to bed. In the morning, I had this crazy idea centering around that. I just wrote it down. 
I wonder if we ever get to see that particular idea in a book and if so, I wonder which books will contain this storm scene.. Hmm..


Q: Do you have a(ny) critique partner(s) whom you share your work with, get any ideas from and go to ask advice from? If so, why that person in particular and not somebody else?
A: Yes. I have beta readers who read like a normal reader would and crit partners who actually crit the work. I couldn't live without them. Crit partners are hard to find, especially good ones. So when you find one, you don't want to let them go.  

Q: While reading a book do you usually root for bad boys like Seth, sarcastic but nonetheless sweet guys like Daemon or are you easily swooned by strong, handsome and honorable men like Aiden? Why do you fancy this type of characters?
A: I'm more entertained by characters like Seth and Daemon that are jerky, snarky, and funny, but they probably don't make good boyfriends in real life. I'd go for the Aiden. 
Same here, although, Daemon Black has no competition whatsoever in my eyes when it comes to love interests in the Lux series.


Q: Could you please name the top three books you’ve read this year that have blown your mind and you’d recommend in a heartbeat? (Considering you actually have time to read since you’re like a writing machine..)
A: Sweet Evil, Before I wake (latest book in the Soul Screamers Series), Lover Reborn
Haven't read the Soul Screamer series nor have I gotten my hands on Lover Reborn, but I wholeheartedly recommend Sweet Evil, too!


Q: If money would not be an issue, which would be the three places you’d like to visit while traveling all around the world?
A: Italy, Greece, and Australia. That was easy. =)
Eeeep! These are some of the places I'd like to visit, too :)


Tango or salsa? Tango
Cats or dogs? Both
Original or retelling? Depends
Black or white? Color
The Earth or Lux? Lux
Descendants of gods or aliens? Descendants of gods 


Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity and taking time off from your busy schedule to answer these questions. Wish you all the best in the future! :)
Thank you for having me!

Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you've heard about her state aren't true. When she's not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki.

Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories....which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She also writes adult romance under the name J. Lynn. 

Meet the author

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads 

 

Under the cut you can see all of Jen's books with direct links to goodreads.

 

Jennifer's YA books

Lux Series 


Covenant Series





Standalones


Jennifer's adult contemporary books

Gamble Brothers Series

 

Nephilim Rising Series

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12081652-unchained

No comments:

Post a Comment