Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy Birthday, Abbi!!!


I just got back from the oldest and one of the biggest bakery and confectioner firms in Estonia. I went there to talk about me possibly being a trainee there which we have to do for Uni. Oh, if you didn't know, I'm studying Food Technology and Product Engineering:) Anyhow, right now I'm exhausted and I'm eating nuts and drinking a smoothie and wondering what to write for Abbi. You know.. It's really, really sunny and warm outside today and I feel good. It's kind of what Abbi's books do to you: after a long day at work/school/anywhere you come home exhausted and feel the need to pick up a book and you can always count on picking up something by Ms. Abbi Glines because her books make you feel warm and fuzzy inside; bubbly and good. OH, and don't forget the endless butterflies from some of my favorite YA/NA boys like Preston, Cage, Marcus and Beau.

I discovered Abbi's books about a year and a half ago which is when The Vincent Boys was published. It's funny because I'm not usually that big of a fan of country boys, but these Southern guys just make me drool all over myself. Okay, it's not that bad. Is it? I hope not. Okay, awkward. Anywayyyyy.. My point is: her books are hot, fun and emotional and if you haven't read 'em so far, then know that this is me giving her books a thumbs up!

For her birthday today, I'll give you some excerpts and if you've read any of her books, guess which one of the boys I'm quoting and if you haven't read them, then the right answers are below and if this swoon-worthy guy seems like the one for you, then pick his book up and read his story:) Okay, ready? Set. Go!



Excerpt #1

“Talk. We are going to talk first. I want to see you smile and laugh. I want to know what your favorite show was when you were a kid and who made you cry at school and what boy band you hung posters of on your wall. Then I want you naked in my bed again.” 
I sank down onto the bed against the headboard and leaned back. I crossed my legs underneath me.
"Then we'll talk." I said with a smile.
X sat down onto the bed and leaned back against the wall. A deep chuckle came from his chest and I watched as a real smile broke out on his face.
"I can't believe I just begged a female to sit and talk to me."

 

Excerpt #2

She started walking toward me and perfect white teeth caught her full bottom lip between them. I’d fantasized about those lips way too many times. She’d barely covered up her long tanned legs with a pair of shorts that made me want to go to church this Sunday just to thank God for creating her. 
 
 

Excerpt #3

“She loves you. Do you even know what to do with that?”
I kissed the top of her head. “Cherish it like it’s the most precious thing on the face of the earth.” 



 Excerpt #4

“That’s really sweet.”
He grinned and reached for a plate.
“Then I believe my mission is accomplished.”

 

Excerpt #5

“I'm going to try real hard not to hurt you."
"Will it hurt you?" I asked, thinking about his pained expression when he'd said I was too tight.
He smiled, "It's going to be the closest to heaven I'll ever get, baby.”

 
 
 
So you want to know if you got it right, yes? Hehe.. Okay. Here're the answers to the excerpts in the very same order:
 
  1. Preston (Just For Now)
  2. Marcus (Because of Low)
 
I adore these boys and I hope you like 'em too. How many answers did you get correct by the way? I would have known Beau and Preston immediately but with the other three I would have had to think about it I'm sure. Okay, that last one with Cage and Eva's first time was pretty obvious, too. Cage is a special guy, what can I say:) He may lose the race to my favorite guy Preston, but he is close on his heels.
 
Ok, so if you didn't gather it from my post already, then again, give Abbi's books a try! They're bound to make you swoon and cry and laugh and sometimes even fan yourself;) No kidding!
 
Happy birthday to Abbi and since we can't all be celebrating with her, then let's do it via blogoverse and go see what other fans have to say about Abbi and what fun things they've come up with:) Oh, and thanks to AToMR for hosting this lovely event:) The rest of the participating blogs can be found here.
 
AND of course there's a giveaway. International. Here's what you can win:

(1) Print copy of The Vincent Boys - International - shipped from The Book Depository to eligible countries
(1) Print copy of Fallen Too Far - International - shipped from The Book Depository to eligible countries
(5) 'Vintage' Swag Mini-Packs: includes the original promotional bookmarks for Predestined and The Vincent Boys, plus an Existence book plate, all signed by Abbi. - International
 
 
 
 

 Meet Abbi

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBI!!! *throws confetti*

    I haven't read any of Abbi's books. I KNOW! I'll just go in my corner now for a time out. *takes Kindle with me so I can download Abbi's books* I've heard amazing things about her books, and after those quotes? Sold. I'm coming boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! You did a fabulous job celebrating Abbi!

    ReplyDelete